Cobra pose, also known as Bhujangasana in yoga, is a back bending pose that offers a variety of benefits for the body, mind and overall well-being. Here are 10 benefits of practicing Cobra pose: Like.
- Flexibility of the spine: Cobra pose stretches and flexes the entire length of the spine, helping to improve flexibility and mobility of the spine.
- Strengthened back muscles: Posture activates and strengthens the muscles of the back, including the spinal column, which helps improve posture and relieve back pain.
- Improved digestion: It stimulates the abdominal organs, including the digestive system, which can help improve digestion and relieve constipation.
- Improved lung function: the Cobra's deep backward bend expands the chest and encourages deep breathing, helping to improve lung capacity and oxygenation of the body.
- Increased traffic: Increases blood flow to the spine, back muscles and abdominal organs, which can help improve circulation and tissue nourishment.
- Reduction of stress and anxiety: Backbends are known to energize and rejuvenate the body, which can help reduce stress and anxiety and elevate mood.
- Reinforced arms and shoulders: Cobra pose requires supporting the upper body with the arms, which can help strengthen the arms, shoulders and chest muscles.
- Improved posture: Regular practice of the Cobra pose helps strengthen the back muscles, promoting proper alignment and posture.
- Stimulation of the energy centres: it stimulates the energy centres or chakras of the body, especially the heart and solar plexus chakras, which can help balance and activate the body's energy flow.
- Relaxation and rejuvenation: often used as a rehabilitation pose, allowing the body to relax and rejuvenate while releasing tension from the back, neck and shoulders.
As with any yoga pose, it is important to practice Cobra pose under the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher and listen to your body's limitations to avoid any discomfort or injury. Always consult your health care provider before starting any new exercise program, especially if you have pre-existing health conditions.